Discussion: Handicap MenReported This is a featured thread

Showing 4 posts

Posted Anonymously
Handicap Men
Mar 28 2010, 9:55 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 28 2010, 9:55 PM EDT
Why aren't they allowed to pitch from 30' as stated in the NHPA Official Rules? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
pznkz
pznkz
1. RE: Handicap Men
Apr 1 2010, 7:58 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 1 2010, 7:58 AM EDT
They are allowed to pitch from the 27' foul line as stated in the NHPA rule book for 'physically challenged men'. At the World and State Tournaments they would pitch in the Elders Division which is all from the 27' foul line. Why are you asking this question? Who isn't allowing it? Just point out the rule which you can find on the NHPA website. www.horseshoepitching.com -PZ Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: Handicap Men
Oct 18 2010, 12:23 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 18 2010, 12:23 PM EDT
Thank you for your post,I was in a accident 4 years ago and was paralized from waist down . they said i would never walk again, so i gave up freestyle mx and started throwing shoes. Gods will and alot of people stood beside me and pushed me .today i am walking but my balance is not anything like it was. i can only feel presure and my legs give out quiet easy. One game aprox. It seems to help not having to throw as hard and keeping my balance (most of the time)as i do when playing 40 feet..Now my friends say im cheeting kidding around. but it kinda bothers me . I have a hard time accepting the facts instead of the way things use to be . THANK YOU Greg D.-- Denison TX Do you find this valuable?    
pznkz
pznkz
4. RE: Handicap Men
Oct 19 2010, 9:14 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 19 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
"Thank you for your post,I was in a accident 4 years ago and was paralized from waist down . they said i would never walk again, so i gave up freestyle mx and started throwing shoes. Gods will and alot of people stood beside me and pushed me .today i am walking but my balance is not anything like it was. i can only feel presure and my legs give out quiet easy. One game aprox. It seems to help not having to throw as hard and keeping my balance (most of the time)as i do when playing 40 feet..Now my friends say im cheeting kidding around. but it kinda bothers me . I have a hard time accepting the facts instead of the way things use to be . THANK YOU Greg D.-- Denison TX"
Glad to help. It's not cheating. The rule's there to make it fair. You should tell your friends it bothers you. If they can't figure it out on their own that it's not cool to tease you for being paralized and having to live with the after effects than let them know.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)